Sugar is by far one of the most addicting things we can consume and is the main offender of enlarging waistlines and bogging down overall health.
What a lot of people don’t know, though, is that there is a bad type of sugar, like artificial kinds and better sugars, like natural kinds. You can still reduce your “bad” sugars and replace them with better kinds but still overall, sugar is best eliminated.
Just like any other guilty pleasure though, it is very difficult to give it up cold turkey. So here are a few easy and simple ways decrease your sugar intake and increase your health!
Here are some simple ways to cut back with ease:
- Choose water, fat-free milk, or unsweetened tea or coffee instead of sodas, sports drinks, energy drinks, and fruit drinks.
- Reduce sugar in recipes. If a recipe says 1 cup, use 2/3 cup.
3. To enhance flavor, add vanilla, cinnamon, or nutmeg.
4. Replace your candy stash and opt for sweet fresh, canned, frozen, and/or dried fruits as snacks (without added sugar). Fruits canned in their own juice rather than syrup are best.
5. Use fruits to top foods like cereal and pancakes rather than sugars, syrups, or other sweet toppings.
6. Use the nutrition facts label to choose packaged foods with less total sugar.