(HappierDaily.com) – When we feel stressed, the actual chemicals and feelings of stress physically deposit in parts of our body. So, in order to relieve feelings of stress, we must relax the body parts that physically store it. Sometimes we hold onto it in our head, throat, chest/heart, stomach, or shoulders. If it feels like there’s a heavy weight or pain in any of those areas, that’s where your stress is likely located.
To get rid of it and to lift the weight it imposes on your body and mind, the best thing to do is some self-care. Here’s a list of 12 ideas to get you started:
- Prepare yourself some comfort food, or have some delivered to you.
- Have a chiropractic treatment or massage to put your body back in balance.
- Hug somebody.
- Volunteer or give a donation for a boost of happiness.
- Hop on Pinterest and make a board of your goals and dreams.
- Call and talk to a friend on the phone or in person.
- Take a nap – escape the strain and renew your soul.
- Get rid of clutter in the home by gathering things that don’t have a place, and make room for it at home or designate donations to make someone else’s home a little happier.
- Put on your favorite outfit, or dress up.
- Heat up your favorite lotion, put it on, and get cozy.
There are so many different things you can do to help yourself to feel better – what’s your favorite quick stress fix when you’re feeling strained?