The International Day of Happiness was on March 20, but there is simply no reason to limit our desire to change the world into a happier place to one day.
The United Nations itself has been the catalyst in celebrating the day of happiness. Their goal is to ultimately “end poverty, reduce inequality, and protect our planet – three key aspects that lead to well-being and happiness.”
Here’s Pharrel On Happiness:
While you might not be a celebrity, you may still be looking for some ideas you can use to help propel society towards those goals, too. You don’t have to make grand gestures. There are simple things you can do to help make the world a better, happier place right in your own community.
- Donate books or school supplies, especially in lower-income school districts.
- Use sites such as Kiva to help grant small loans to budding entrepreneurs or those in need; you can lend as little as $25.
- Create small tote bags with essential items for individuals undergoing chemo treatments. Scarves, lip balms, puzzle books, unscented lotions, hard candies, and other small items can make the hours stuck in the hospital more comfortable.
- Donate to your local food pantry on a regular basis. Simply pick up an extra can or two each time you grocery shop. You can add as little as $1 to your tab and still make a difference.
- Visit a local nursing home to play games or read with residents.
There are hundreds of things you can do to spread happiness in the world – every single day. Leave a comment and gives us some of your ideas.