The happiest people on Earth don’t necessarily have important titles, fast cars or big houses, but they do enjoy some of life’s greatest experiences… Simple pleasures. Here’s a quick checklist to make sure you’re not missing out on them:
- Slowing Down – The slower you go, the more you can absorb. Why rush through things unless you have to? Ask yourself, “am I rushing this” sometime today…
- Appreciating the Present – From a magical sunset to sleeping in on a stormy day, life’s greatest pleasures are often the little things in the here and now. All the little moments now string together your whole life. Appreciate them. If we aren’t appreciative now, how will we ever be later – no matter what we have?
- Helping Someone in Need – You affect everybody around you. How you do that is up to you. You can make the world a better place today – it only takes a second. 🙂
- Exploring New Places – Freedom is our greatest gift. Use it.
- Learning Something New – The more you learn, the higher your potential. Your potential to learn? It’s limitless. (If you don’t think so — see number 5 again.)
- Doing What You Love – How to have a nice life: Write down what you love to do. Write down what you do every day. Adjust accordingly… If you love what you do, can you even call it work?
- Being Right Here Right Now – This moment is the only moment that exists. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow may never come. Right now is yours. Take it.