Music is a piece of art that goes in the ears straight to the heart.
You can use music to your advantage. If you’re feeling blue, or have had a particularly stressful day at work, turning on a playlist of positive songs can turn a sour mood into a good one. Be sure to add the ten songs below to your playlist and listen to them as often as you need. They’re guaranteed to make you happier right away.
1. Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves
2. Happy by Pharrell Williams
3. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye
4. Girls Just Want to Have Fun by Cindi Lauper
5. Feel Good by James Brown
6. Smile by Uncle Cracker
7. Best Day of my Life by American Authors
8. Roar by Katy Perry
9. So What by Pink
10. Hakuna Matata by Nathan Lane, Jason Weaver, Joseph Williams and Ernie Sabella
Everyone is different, so the music that makes one person happy may not do it for someone else. The nice thing is, music is a personal choice with many genres to explore and enjoy. The songs listed above are just a few of our favorites, but there are so many more out there for you to experience. Get into the habit of listening to your happy songs playlist any time you feel you need a little pick-me-up, and you and the people around you will notice a positive change in your attitude almost instantly.