Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.
Ever wonder why children’s board games are so colorful? Think of Candyland, Hi Ho! Cherry-O and Cooties. Vivid hues splash from the game pieces, all colored like a fairy tale.
Chances are that your pleasant memories of childhood are punctuated with a rainbow of colors — brightly colored toys, savory pink and blue ice cream cones, candy that turned your tongue and lips different hues.
The reason is simple: It brings us joy to see those colors– not only as children, but at all ages. So when you want a dash of playful in your life or a quick pick-me-up when you’re tired, just add the right color.
- Conveys optimism, confidence, happiness
- Decorate with a vase of yellow daffodils or paint a wall a bright yellow to instantly feel more upbeat
- Use soft or pale yellows for a playroom or children’s room
The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.
Red or violet
- Conveys power and energy; also induces hunger
- Slip into red clothing or add a red-tinged pillow to the couch for an extra boost of vitality
- Avoid placing these colors in the bedroom or bathroom where you’ll want relaxation
What is it about the rainbow that cheers us up? Sure, it represents the calm after a storm, but its the colors themselves that give us a sense of serenity.
- Conveys calm, trust, reflection
- Use it to feel less anxious when you’re faced with a stressful situation
- Place blue objects or use blue wall paint in areas you tend to feel troubled (where you pay bills, for instance)
- Stick with soft, muted shades of blue for a calming effect
The whole world, as we experience it visually, comes to us through the mystic realm of color.
- Conveys balance, harmony, restoration
- As the color in the center of the spectrum, it symbolizes balance
- Surround yourself with green when you crave security and safety
- Looking at green slows your metabolism, thereby producing a calming effect
- Conveys enthusiasm, sensuality, physical comfort, creativity
- As the combination of red and yellow, it is stimulating
- Creates an emotional and physical reaction
- Look at orange when you want inspiration or seek encouragement
You know creators, composers, need a palette for life, a color for life.
- Conveys power, elegance, formality
- Wear black clothing and accessories to denote strength, authority and prestige
- Avoid surrounding yourself with it frequently, as it literally absorbs all energy
- Creates the perception of heaviness and seriousness
As humans, we feel color. How we interpret it varies from person to person. While some colors give us a sense of harmony and peace, others make us feel energetic or creative.
Color perception is subjective, yet certain feelings associated with colors are ingrained in our brains. Next time you need a mood change, try surrounding yourself in the right hue and see if it helps.
What colors make you feel happier?
Copyright 2019 – HappierDaily.com